OCEAN CITY, Md. - Some things about Ocean City never change, but every summer there are new businesses to check out, and 2014 is no exception.
"People are investing here, people are opening businesses here, because we can be successful," says Mayor Rick Meehan.
Among the new restaurants now open or opening soon: Jack's Lobster Rolls on 2nd Street, Ocean City Brewing Company, and Touch of Italy which is expanding to Maryland after opening several locations in Delaware.
"There's a new Guido's Burritos up around 33rd Street, and John Fager from Fager's Island is building a new, smaller type of restaurant at 56th Street," Meehan says.
Also under construction is a new La Quinta Inn at 32nd Street.
A new Midtown Boardwalk area has been established, and Meehan says it's getting bigger.
"The 67th Street shopping center has expanded a little bit, that was new last year. That's been a tremendous success."
The mayor says if you drive around town, you'll notice what's new.
"I think that's exciting. I think that tells well for Ocean City."
More from Ocean City:
- Pirate's Den reopens in new spot as Barn 34
- New restaurants opening in Ocean City
- Seaside Country Store: The most unusual store on the shore
- Ocean City summer calendar packed with events
- Dumser's scoops up 75 years of happiness
- Smoking bans increase on Rehoboth, Bethany beaches
- Ocean City increases DUI enforcement, pedestrian safety
© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.