WASHINGTON - A police officer shot in the head during a traffic stop is suing Alexandria Yellow Cab, Inc.
ABC 7 reports Officer Peter Laboy's lawsuit is seeking $10 million and accuses the cab company of negligence regarding the background and supervision of Kashif Bashir, the cab driver accused of shooting Laboy in February.
A competency hearing for Bashir, 27, is scheduled for next month. He faces charges including attempted capital murder of a law enforcement officer.
- Wife says wounded police officer's recovery 'remarkable'
- Cab driver indicted on attempted murder charges
- Wife of shot Va. officer: He's eating and responding to questions
- Grand jury to hear evidence in Laboy case
- Fundraiser for injured Alexandria police officer raises 75k
- Injured Alexandria officer faces months of recovery
- 'Remarkable' Alexandria officer is alive after shot to head
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.