In order to provide a better environment for commenting, we have changed our commenting platform. In order to participate, you will need to register. Unfortunately, old log-in and accounts are not able to transfer to our new system. We have also enabled you to be able to log in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.
WTOP.com - Purpose of Comments statement
Hubbard Radio, LLC encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comment boards following articles, blog posts and other content can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior here. We encourage your thoughtful comments which:
- Have a positive and constructive tone
- Are on topic, clear and to-the-point
- Are respectful toward others and their opinions
Hubbard Radio, LLC reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.
In the most Cubs thing ever, the Wrigley Field grounds crew was unable to get the tarp on the field and lost a game to rain. Full Story
Cumberland American's Little League World Series run came to an end Monday, but their coach sent them out on a high note. Full Story
Their walk-off streak came to an end at three, but the Washington Nationals won their season-high eighth straight game Tuesday. Full Story
The Washington Redskins Training Camp is underway in Richmond, Virginia.
The inaugural DC FootGolf Open took place at LakeRidge Golf Course in Woodbridge, Virginia on Saturday, July 19.
The Brompton U.S. Championship bike race took place on Sunday, July 13 at RFK Stadium.
The Washington Kastles kick off their home season as they take aim at their fifth World Team Tennis title in eight years.
As the world's biggest sporting event gets underway, see photos from people around the world watching the 2014 World Cup.
Red Bull Global Rallycross made its D.C. debut, bringing motorsports back to the District for the first time in 12 years.
The WTOP staff shares their picks for a champion, how well the U.S. will fare, and dark horses at the 2014 World Cup.
Little League is marking its 75th anniversary.
Actor and Redskins fan Matthew McConaughey visits with Robert Griffin III.
The songs that help motivate the Washington Nationals players before they bat.
MLB - Nats/Orioles
NFL - Redskins
NBA - Wizards
NHL - Caps
Soccer - D.C. United
- Ex Tulsa basketball player Swilling denied waiver
- Jayhawks trying to adjust to running back injuries
- Michigan to play Washington in football in 2020-21
- UCF, Penn St. Ireland opener threatened by volcano
- SEC: Schools take steps to improve fan experience
- Kent State starting center dies at 21
- Wes Lunt named starting QB at Illinois
- Serena Williams seeded No. 1 at US Open; Halep 2nd
- Wozniacki upset by Giorgi at Connecticut Open
- AP Sportlight
- Top-seed Simona Halep upset at Connecticut Open.
- Isner wins in straight sets at Winston-Salem Open
- Nadal won't defend US Open title because of wrist
- Miami Open new name for Key Biscayne tennis
Hi: 85 °F | Lo: 67 °F