In order to provide a better environment for commenting, we have changed our commenting platform. In order to participate, you will need to register. Unfortunately, old log-in and accounts are not able to transfer to our new system. We have also enabled you to be able to log in with your Facebook, Twitter or Google account.
WTOP.com - Purpose of Comments statement
Hubbard Radio, LLC encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comment boards following articles, blog posts and other content can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior here. We encourage your thoughtful comments which:
- Have a positive and constructive tone
- Are on topic, clear and to-the-point
- Are respectful toward others and their opinions
Hubbard Radio, LLC reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.
College football season has arrived, and with it a new playoff structure. See our predictions for local teams and the national title. Full Story
WTOP's resident college football guru Dave Preston opens the season with his picks for area schools including Navy and Virginia. Full Story
The WTOP staff predicts the national champion, the playoff field, sleepers and the most overrated teams.
Jose Canseco is one of the most entertaining athletes to follow on Twitter. We sample some of his greatest work.
The Washington Redskins Training Camp is underway in Richmond, Virginia.
The inaugural DC FootGolf Open took place at LakeRidge Golf Course in Woodbridge, Virginia on Saturday, July 19.
The Brompton U.S. Championship bike race took place on Sunday, July 13 at RFK Stadium.
The Washington Kastles kick off their home season as they take aim at their fifth World Team Tennis title in eight years.
As the world's biggest sporting event gets underway, see photos from people around the world watching the 2014 World Cup.
Red Bull Global Rallycross made its D.C. debut, bringing motorsports back to the District for the first time in 12 years.
The WTOP staff shares their picks for a champion, how well the U.S. will fare, and dark horses at the 2014 World Cup.
Little League is marking its 75th anniversary.
Actor and Redskins fan Matthew McConaughey visits with Robert Griffin III.
The songs that help motivate the Washington Nationals players before they bat.
MLB - Nats/Orioles
NFL - Redskins
NBA - Wizards
NHL - Caps
Soccer - D.C. United
- Mariota leads Oregon past South Dakota 62-13
- Winston, FSU hold off Oklahoma St 37-31 in opener
- Todd Gurley leads Georgia past Clemson 45-21
- Sims starts, No. 2 Alabama beats WVU, 33-23
- Ross helps No. 25 Washington edge Hawaii 17-16
- RB Gordon ready for criticism after Wisconsin loss
- Walsh, Oklahoma State hang with FSU in 37-31 loss
- With heavy heart, Kuchar hovers around the lead
- Suzann Pettersen tied for Portland Classic lead
- Bob Tway shoots 63 for share of Calgary lead
- Colt Knost leads Web.com Tour Finals opener
- Snedeker can only hope for Ryder Cup pick
- Palmer opens with a 63 to lead Deutsche Bank
- Hennie Otto remains in lead at Italian Open
- Isner loses to Kohlschreiber in US Open 3rd round
- US Open Glance
- US OPEN SCENE: Djokovic gives singer the spotlight
- Bouchard reaches US Open's 4th round for 1st time
- Serena Williams runs US Open winning streak to 17
- What to watch at US Open: Sharapova vs. Wozniacki
- Moonballs from qualifier doom Wimbledon champ
Hi: 89 °F | Lo: 71 °F