WTOP's Garden Editor Mike McGrath is:
* Host of the nationally syndicated Public Radio show, You Bet Your Garden
* Contributing Editor and columnist for Greenprints magazine
* Former Editor-in-Chief of ORGANIC GARDENING magazine
* Author of books on Tomatoes, Compost, Seed saving and Kitchen Gardening
* Mike makes several appearances around town. Click for more.
* Do you have a question for Mike? Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please include your name, location and the topic in the subject line)
Tick, tick, tickójust two weeks until Christmas Day -- time for my annual last minute gardener's gift list.
Time to issue my annual warnings to those of you planning on buying a truly live Christmas tree.
The secret to keeping a cut tree fresh and supple indoors isn't in any magic mixture you place in the water holder.
You know how I've been saying that this is a great time of year to plant trees? Well, I should add that not all trees should be planted.
Your weekend marching (and non-marching) orders...
Brian in Warrenton has an important stinkbug alert.
Speaking of holidays, it's time for some of you to start thinking about Christmas.
Hi: 32 °F | Lo: 27 °F