WTOP's Garden Editor Mike McGrath is:
* Host of the nationally syndicated Public Radio show, You Bet Your Garden
* Contributing Editor and columnist for Greenprints magazine
* Former Editor-in-Chief of ORGANIC GARDENING magazine
* Author of books on Tomatoes, Compost, Seed saving and Kitchen Gardening
* Mike makes several appearances around town. Click for more.
* Do you have a question for Mike? Email him at email@example.com. (Please include your name, location and the topic in the subject line)
As we cope with all this frozen misery, remember that our plants love a heavy cover of snow -- so feel free to move as much snow as possible onto garden beds and such.
Those trees are real bullies, with roots that steal every bit of food and water they can find, leaving little to nothing for other plants.
Happy New Year! Time for our annual money saving, green-leaning resolutions for gardeners (and you normal people too).
Although it's predicted to reach a blistering 36 Saturday, the nights have all been well below freezing, with no global warming in sight.
Tick, tick, tickójust two weeks until Christmas Day -- time for my annual last minute gardener's gift list.
Time to issue my annual warnings to those of you planning on buying a truly live Christmas tree.
The secret to keeping a cut tree fresh and supple indoors isn't in any magic mixture you place in the water holder.
You know how I've been saying that this is a great time of year to plant trees? Well, I should add that not all trees should be planted.
Your weekend marching (and non-marching) orders...
Brian in Warrenton has an important stinkbug alert.
Speaking of holidays, it's time for some of you to start thinking about Christmas.
Hi: 50 °F | Lo: 31 °F