LUSBY, Md. - The Centers for Disease Control says two of three family members who died from a respiratory illness earlier this year in Calvert County were infected with an antibiotic resistant bacterial strain.
The CDC says in its weekly report that the two were infected with methicillin-resistant staph, or MRSA, and all three had the flu.
County health officials say the family's illness started with an 81-year-old woman became sick at home around Feb. 23. Authorities say her son and two daughters cared for her and later developed similar upper respiratory symptoms. The elderly woman, her son and one of her daughters died. A second daughter was hospitalized.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Conn. zoo officials don't know how this baby came to be born.
A Canadian singer struggles with the American anthem.
An 800-pound alligator? That's not bad for a first hunting trip.
Your future toothpaste could offer caffeine, pain relief and more.