Comment
0
Tweet
1
Print
RSS Feeds

Fireworks blamed for Anne Arundel Co. house fire

Tuesday - 6/25/2013, 12:51pm  ET

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) -- Anne Arundel County fire officials say improperly discarded fireworks started a fire at a house in the Providence community east of Annapolis.

Firefighters called to the home early Tuesday found flamed coming from the roof of garage attached to the two-story home on Providence Road. It took 29 firefighters a half hour to control the one-alarm fire.

Officials say investigators determined that used legal fireworks placed in a trash can inside the garage had started the blaze. Damage to the home and two vehicles inside the garage is estimated to be $250,000.

Three people in the home were able to escape before firefighters arrived and no one was injured.


Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Tags: annapolis