WASHINGTON - The Newbury School in Gambrills, Md. was evacuated just after 1 p.m. Thursday after a gas leak at the school.
The Anne Arundel County Fire Department says a four-inch gas line was hit and about 50 kids were evacuated.
The kids were moved across the street to a fire station as a precaution. Their parents are able to pick them up there.
The kids are there for a summer camp for students in first through third grade.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
A Philly bike courier takes his cat on cycling adventures. (Videos)
Some cockroaches only take five years to evolve to avoid poison.
Top music stars are battling for your summer concert tour dollars.
Doctors saved this boy's life with a medical first involving a printer.