BROOKLYN PARK, Md. - Anne Arundel County fire officials say a man was severely burned in an explosion at his Brooklyn Park home.
Officials say gasoline in the basement of the home in the 100 block of Franklin Avenue exploded on Saturday evening. The 41-year-old man was rushed to John Hopkins Bayview Burn Center with life-threatening injuries, including second- and third-degree burns.
An investigation into what triggered the explosion is underway.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)