DEALE, Md. (AP) - Anne Arundel County fire officials say a woman and her husband have been injured in a fire after she fell asleep while smoking and using oxygen.
A fire department spokesman, Capt. James Rostek, says the incident happened about 5:30 a.m. Thursday in the 5000 block of Deale Churchton Road. He says the woman suffered life-threatening burns and was flown to the burn unit at the Washington Hospital Center.
Rostek says the woman's husband suffered minor burns and was being treated at Anne Arundel Medical Center.
He says the fire was confined to the bed.
Information from: The Baltimore Sun, http://www.baltimoresun.com
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
A Canadian singer struggles with the American anthem.
An 800-pound alligator? That's not bad for a first hunting trip.
Conn. zoo officials don't know how this baby came to be born.
Your future toothpaste could offer caffeine, pain relief and more.