You can lock in your rates or cut down on your current cable bill by calling your cable provider or participating in an online chat with customer service.
Everything is negotiable. Call up your cable company. Or do an online chat with customer service and say you want to pay less, want to cut packages or want to cancel your service.
Here is the contact information for cable providers in the area:
- Comcast: 1-800-266-2278 and online customer service chat.
- RCN: 877.RCN.BILL and online customer service.
- Direct TV: 1-888-777-2454 and email support.
- Dish Network: 1-888-686-2388 and online chat.
- Cox: 703-378-8422 and online support.
- Time Warner: 1-866-681-9272 and online chat.
You should also beware of early cancellation fees.
Verizon is about to double its cancellation fee for new Internet and TV subscribers to $360, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
(Copyright 2010 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)