STATION & LOCATION: WTOP.com; FederalNewsRadio.com
HOURS: 40 hour weeks
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSTED DATE: 09/20/2013
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for building, maintaining, and retaining
corporate relationships with business entities which may prove profitable to the
Company. Identify marketplace opportunities, prospect and engage new clients,
develop proposals, and manage the contract process, while ensuring client
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- At least one year sales experience (digital media and/or Business to
Business preferred), self-starter and willing to devote full time to developing
- Pursue and develop leads to acquire new business accounts.
- Maintain existing accounts in prompt and efficient manner.
- Designs and delivers presentations to current and prospective clients highlighting the products and services of the Company.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients, and follow through with contract process.
- Assure rate integrity and obtain credit approval for all new accounts.
- Meet or exceed annual and monthly revenue goals.
- Responsible for all past-due account collections.
- Stay abreast of up-to-date competitive local and industry practices, rates, ratings.
- Assist with promotions, productions and other areas of coordination for the Sales Department.
- Valid driver's license and insurability.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, sometimes stressful, environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Ability to handle and keep confidential information.
- Willingness to participate in learning and growth opportunities within and outside the Company.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field.
- Familiarity with the media industry and the ability to sell value and negotiate costs.
- Media experience; sold display web advertising.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment (telephone, copier, calculator, etc.) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
- The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Hubbard Radio Washington, D.C., LLC Application Procedures:
No Phone Calls Please
- Application can be downloaded from the website.
- Hubbard Radio Washington, D.C., LLC does not allow walk-in applicants into the facility.
- Applications will only be accepted for positions posted on this web site.
- Submitting an application for positions not posted will not be accepted.
- A resume will not be accepted unless submitted with our application.
- If you are offered employment by Hubbard Radio Washington, D.C., LLC, you will be asked to sign an agreement to arbitrate any disputes that may arise between you and Hubbard Radio Washington, D.C., LLC regarding your employment with the company prior to commencing employment with the company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer