MYERSVILLE, Md. (AP) -- Fire officials say a blaze that killed two young sisters last month was accidentally ignited when drapes came in contact with a baseboard heater.
The Frederick County Sheriff's Office said Monday that investigators found that the heater, in the first-floor living room, was behind a couch and came in contact with drapes.
The Jan. 31 fire in Myersville killed 6-year-old Sophie Paige Lillard and 3-year-old Madigan Grace Lillard. Four other family members were injured.
The News-Post of Frederick reports (http://bit.ly/Wny3OG) that investigators found that smoke detectors in the home did not work in the fire.
Information from: The Frederick (Md.) News-Post, http://www.fredericknewspost.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Lil Wayne: I wasn't intentionally stepping on the U.S. flag. (Video)
Ed Koch planned every detail of his funeral - except one crucial date.
The U. of Oregon is cracking down on a fan favorite.
Meet the newest liligers - mom's a liger and dad's a lion. (Photos)