WASHINGTON - The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Warning for Central Frederick County in Maryland until 5:45 a.m.
Areas affected include Frederick and Walkersville.
This includes the following streams and drainages: Israel Creek, Linganore Creek, Bens Branch, Carrikk Creek, Little Tuscarora Creek and Clifford Hollow.
A Flash Flood Warning means floods are imminent or occurring in the warned area.
Areas prone to flash flooding include:
- Dance Hall Road near Addison Run
- Gas House Pike Near Linganore Creek
- Crum Road near Silver Hill Creek
- Stauffer Road near Israel Creek
- Water Street near Israel Creek
- Retreat Road near Glade Creek
Those in the Flash Flood Warning area are urged to be especially cautious at night, particularly when driving and to act quickly if flooding is observed. If water is rising it is important to move to higher ground immediately.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)