LEWISTOWN, Md. (AP) - The Frederick County Sheriff's Office says a 43-year-old Lewistown man has died after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide.
The man was pronounced dead Thursday at Frederick Memorial Hospital. He was not identified.
The sheriff's office says the man was found lying on the floor of a home garage on Putman Road about 5:30 p.m. Thursday. The office says a deputy saw the man through a garage window and could hear a lawn mower running.
The deputy and a neighbor who tried to help the man were both exposed to carbon monoxide. They were taken to a hospital, and were expected to be treated and released.
Volunteer firefighters aired out the house, and fire officials say the carbon monoxide levels returned to normal.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
A Canadian singer struggles with the American anthem.
Conn. zoo officials don't know how this baby came to be born.
Scenes from last night's show and spectacle in Las Vegas.(Photos)
Fans have hooked up RG3 and his fiancee for their wedding.