WASHINGTON - Expect to spot a lot of Catwomen and Thors walking around this Halloween.
Online movie ticket seller Fandango surveyed 1,000 individuals to find out what 2012 movie characters they are dressing up as for Halloween.
Catwoman from "The Dark Knight Rises" topped the list for women, while Thor from "The Avengers" led the list for men.
See results of the survey below:
Top 10 costumes for women:
- Catwoman - "The Dark Knight Rises"
- Katniss - "The Hunger Games"
- Snow White - "Snow White and the Huntsman"
- Queen Ravenna - "Snow White and the Huntsman"
- Black Widow - "The Avengers"
- Red-Eyed Bella the Vampire - "Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2"
- Effie Trinkett - "The Hunger Games"
- Selene - "Underworld Awakening"
- Merida - "Brave"
- Alice - "Resident Evil: Retribution"
Top 10 costumes for men:
- Thor - "The Avengers"
- Iron Man - "The Avengers"
- Captain America - "The Avengers"
- Hulk - "The Avengers"
- Batman - "The Dark Knight Rises"
- James Bond - "Skyfall"
- Ted the Raunchy Teddy Bear - "Ted"
- Gandalf - "The Hobbit"
- Magic Mike - "Magic Mike"
- Wreck-It Ralph - "Wreck-It Ralph"
WTOP's Brennan Haselton contributed to this report. Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
To find their Mr. Darcy, one theater in Minn. has turned to a Mad Man.
Emma Watson revels in her post-"Potter" freedom at Cannes.
An NFL player relieves himself of his feelings toward the IRS.
How did a photographer get an inside view of a bear's mouth? (Video)