WASHINGTON - Friday is National Coffee Day. While many might observe the unofficial holiday, certain professions drink more coffee than others, says a new survey commissioned by Career Builder and Dunkin Donuts.
Top java-powered professions:
- Food preparation/service workers
- Sales representatives
- Marketing/public relations
- Editors, writers, media workers
- Business executives
- Teachers/instructors (K-12)
- Engineering technicians/support
- IT managers/network administrators
More than half, 63 percent, of coffee drinkers have more than one cup a day and most younger drinkers, falling in the age range of 18-34, claim to be less productive without their daily cup, the survey says.
Women rely on coffee more then men to get things done. In the survey, 47 percent of women said they needed a cup of Joe everyday, versus the 40 percent of men who said the same.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)