LONDON (AP) - Note to self: A microwave is for leftovers, not your boxers.
British firefighters say they saved an apartment from destruction after its domestically challenged resident tried to dry his wet socks and underwear in a microwave oven.
The Dorset Fire and Rescue Service says firefighters rescued the man from his home and extinguished the kitchen blaze Monday.
The fire destroyed the appliance along with the two pairs of underwear and socks inside it, and caused smoke damage to the apartment in Weymouth, a town on England's southwest coast.
"The fire safety message here is to never put clothing of any kind in the microwave or an oven to attempt to dry them," the Dorset firefighters said in a statement.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sage Moonblood, Pilot Inspektor, Diva Thin Muffin. The list goes on.
Don't look for the movie about Jodi Arias to be about her trial. (Video)
The pope invited a teen with Down Syndrome up to his car for a spin.
Lil Wayne: I wasn't intentionally stepping on the U.S. flag. (Video)