WASHINGTON - Instead of running to the doctor or the drug store, many turn to home remedies to cure ailments.
While many may seem like old wives' tales, some home remedies really work, Women's Day reports.
- Duct tape to remove warts.
- Vapor rub to cure nail fungus.
- Oatmeal to soothe eczema.
- Yogurt to cure bad breath.
- A spoonful of sugar to cure the hiccups.
- Place a pencil between your teeth to cure a headache. It relaxes jaw muscles.
- Olives for motion sickness.
- Gargle salt water for a sore throat.
Woman's Day has more on these home remedies.
WTOP's Veronica Robinson contributed to this report. Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
What can happen to you when you don't get enough sleep.
Meet the newest liligers - mom's a liger and dad's a lion. (Photos)
Woody Harrelson is hustling a new type of paper.
The pope invited a teen with Down Syndrome up to his car for a spin.