Dave Dildine, wtop.com
WASHINGTON - Track work will slow Metro riders down this weekend on all five rail lines. Crews will be performing a variety of construction and maintenance, including platform reconstruction, electrical work and drain cleaning.
Portions of the Orange and Blue lines will be closed, with free shuttle buses replacing trains. Trains will be single-tracking on a portion of the Red Line throughout the weekend.
Most of the work zones will go into effect at 10 p.m. on Friday and will continue through system closing on Sunday. Track work on the Yellow and Green lines will not begin until late Sunday evening.
- Buses replace trains between Federal Center and Cheverly.
- Six stations will be closed: Capitol South, Eastern Market, Potomac Avenue, Stadium-Armory, Minnesota Avenue and Deanwood.
- Express buses will route riders around the closure between Federal Center and Cheverly directly. Customers should add about 20 minutes to their expected travel time.
- Local buses will stop at each station along the closures. Riders who use the local buses should add up to an hour to their travel time, depending on how far they need to go.
- The last inbound train from New Carrollton will depart early on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
- Orange line trains will be single-tracking between East Falls Church and West Falls Church.
- Buses replace trains between Federal Center and Benning Road.
- Four stations will be closed: Capitol South, Eastern Market, Potomac Avenue and Stadium-Armory.
- Local buses will stop at all four closed stations.
- Riders who rely on buses should add up to 45 minutes of additional travel time.
- The last inbound trains from Largo Town Center will depart earlier than usual on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
- Trains will be single-tracking between Farragut North and Judiciary Square.
- Customers should add about 10 to 15 minutes to their expected travel time.
- Trains are expected to run at regular intervals throughout most of the weekend.
- After 10 p.m. on Sunday, trains will single track between L'Enfant Plaza and Mount Vernon Square.
- Customers should add about 10 minutes to their expected travel time.
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2013 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)