ELLICOTT CITY, Md. - Officials say a Maryland man has died and six people have been hospitalized for apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.
Officials in Howard and Prince George's counties say that in each case, the home had lost power during Hurricane Irene and generators were found in the garages.
Howard officials say 48-year-old Won Koo Sung died at his Ellicott City home. His wife, Young Sin Sung, and 17-year-old son, Jason, were taken to a Baltimore hospital. Maryland Emergency Management Agency Executive Director Richard Muth says the survivors are critically ill.
In Prince George's, two women and two men were hospitalized Monday night for carbon monoxide exposure. Officials say an occupant of the Fort Washington home told a 911 dispatcher that a gas-powered generator was operating in an attached garage with the door closed.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Don't look for the movie about Jodi Arias to be about her trial. (Video)
James Franco wants fans to spot him half a million for a film trilogy.
Not to lecture, but here's why you don't want to skimp on sleep.
Ed Koch planned every detail of his funeral - except one crucial date.