The Associated Press’ new list of the highest-paid chief executives includes one Washington-area executive in the Top 10.
Discovery Communications Inc. CEO David Zaslav made $33.3 million in 2013, ranking him No. 8 in the top 10. Zaslav’s compensation in 2013 was down 33 percent from the previous year.
The AP, and Equilar, which collects data on executive compensation, say the median pay package for chief executives at the largest publicly traded companies rose to eight figures for the first time ever last year, to $10.5 million.
The highest-paid CEO last year was Anthony Petrello at oil and gas drilling company Nabors Industries, at $68.2 million, up 246 percent from 2012, the Associated Press said.
The 10 highest-paid CEOS of 2013, according to the Associated Press and Equilar:
- Anthony Petrello, Nabors Industries: $68.2 million
- Leslie Moonves, CBS: $65.6 million
- Richard Adkerson, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold: $55.3 million
- Stephen Kaufer, TripAdvisors: $39 million
- Philiippe Dauman, Viacom: $37.2 million
- Leonard Schleifer, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals: $36.3 million
- Robert Iger: Walt Disney $34.3 million
- David Zaslav, Discovery Communications: $33.3 million
- Jeffrey Bewkes, Time Warner: $32.5 million
- Brian Roberts, Comcast: $31.4 million
© 2014 American City Business Journals, Inc.