NEW CARROLLTON, Md. (AP) - A fire at a New Carrollton apartment building caused approximately $750,000 in damage and left nearly a dozen units uninhabitable.
Prince George's County firefighters responded to a fire at the Sutton Walk complex on 85th Avenue around 1 p.m. Monday. Officials say no residents were injured in the fire though two firefighters sustained minor burn injuries.
The fire was apparently caused by a malfunctioning natural gas stove in an apartment on the building's second floor.
It took about 50 firefighters half an hour to extinguish the blaze.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
James Franco wants fans to spot him half a million for a film trilogy.
The U. of Oregon is cracking down on a fan favorite.
Lil Wayne: I wasn't intentionally stepping on the U.S. flag. (Video)
Ed Koch planned every detail of his funeral - except one crucial date.