Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Paul McCartney treated in hospital for virus

Thursday - 5/22/2014, 6:30pm  ET

A fan of Paul McCartney waits outside of a hotel believed to be stayed by McCartney in Tokyo, Tuesday, May 20, 2014. The former Beatle is canceling his entire Japan tour because of illness including the one set for Wednesday at Nippon Budokan hall, where The Beatles performed during their first Japan tour in 1966. (AP Photo/Eugene Hoshiko)

LONDON (AP) -- Paul McCartney's spokesman says the former Beatle is on the mend after being treated in a Tokyo hospital for a virus.

Thursday's statement from publicist Stuart Bell says McCartney "will make a complete recovery and has been ordered to take a few days' rest."

The 71-year-old McCartney has postponed planned shows in Tokyo and Seoul since falling ill last week. His "Out There" world tour is scheduled to resume next month in the United States.

Bell said: "Paul has been extremely moved by all the messages and well wishes he has received from fans all over the world."


Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.