Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Harry Styles wins court order against paparazzi

Tuesday - 12/17/2013, 12:06am  ET

FILE - In this Thursday, Sept. 20, 2012 file photo Harry Styles, right, performs with his band One Direction as part of the iTunes Festival 2012, in London. A British High Court judge has ordered paparazzi to stay away from One Direction member Harry Styles. The order from justice Nicola Davies bars several photographers from pursuing the singer by car or motorcycle, placing him under surveillance and loitering or waiting within 50 meters (164 feet) of his home. On Monday Dec. 16, 2013, the judge continued it until another hearing on Jan. 13, 2014. (AP Photo/Joel Ryan, File)

LONDON (AP) -- A British High Court judge has ordered paparazzi to stay away from One Direction member Harry Styles.

The order from Justice Nicola Davies bars several photographers from pursuing the singer by car or motorcycle, placing him under surveillance and loitering or waiting within 50 meters (164 feet) of his home.

Styles' lawyer, David Sherborne, said the singer had gone to court after failing to persuade the photographers to stop their behavior voluntarily.

Sherborne said the 19-year-old Styles -- one-fifth of the world's biggest boy band -- "is not trying to prevent fans approaching him in the street and taking photos. He remains happy to do that, as he always has."

The court order was originally granted last week. On Monday the judge continued it until another hearing on Jan.13.


Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.