WASHINGTON - Grammy winner Mariah Carey will perform during the annual National Christmas Tree Lighting Friday.
The National Park Service and the National Park Foundation announced Tuesday that the star will join the line up of performers.
Carey will join Aretha Franklin along with other acts including the Avett Brothers, violinist Joshua Bell, soprano Renee Fleming, Voices of Inspiration and the band Train.
'Glee' star Jane Lynch will host the lighting ceremony.
The annual event kicks off at 4:30 p.m. on the Ellipse near the White House. Those without tickets can watch the lighting live at www.thenationaltree.org.
- First lady welcomes White House Christmas tree
- National Christmas Tree lighting set for Dec. 6
- Sandoval, Train to perform at U.S. Christmas Tree
- Root rot threatens traditional Christmas fir trees
- Garden Plot: Essential tips for picking, keeping a healthy Christmas tree
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.