WASHINGTON - Looking to jazz up your sex life? Go on vacation.
An online survey of 1,529 Americans commissioned by the romantic social network, Zoosk.com finds both men and women find sex better while on vacation.
Specifically, 69 percent of men and 72 percent of women between 18 and 49 say sex on vacation is better than sex at home.
The VeraQuest survey, intended to find out how people feel about travel and romance, has a margin of error of 2.5 percent.
Vacationing does trigger some concerns among couples.
The survey finds people worry about the following:
- 38 percent worry about getting their better half's nerves, or vice versa.
- 34 percent worry about getting selected for additional TSA screenings.
- 15 percent are concerned about sharing the bathroom.
- 15 percent worry they won't have anything to talk about.
If you are wondering whether to take a camping vacation or a trip to the beach, if romance is your intent, opt for the beach.
Here's the breakdown of what people think are the most romantic getaways:
- 21 percent -- beach vacation
- 19 percent -- romantic city
- 15 percent -- cruise
- 15 percent -- trip to an exotic, far-flung locale
- 9 percent -- bed and breakfast
- 8 percent -- road trip
- 5 percent -- camping
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)