WASHINGTON - Modifying your wardrobe can take years off your look.
Real Simple Magazine recently spoke with styling professional on the biggest mistakes women are making.
The following are fashion accessories that have to go:
- Below-the-knee skirts, bow blouses, and pearls can be fashionable, if not worn all together. Pair classics with newer looks, such as a secretary blouse with skinny jeans.
- Tying a silk scarf stewardess-style or draping it over one shoulder is an instant-ager. Instead of getting rid of all your silk scarves just consider wearing them in a different way. Use it as a headband or tie it to the handle of your purse. Or, try it backwards, in the place of a necklace.
- Visible panty lines or an unsupportive bra can add decades to your look.
- Giant catch-all purses has got to go. Keep it in the car if you must - but pack a smaller more stylish one in there to tote your essentials.
- All-white sneakers can have an orthopedic look. Find a pair with a little color.
- Jewlery sets are cute but think before you wear them all together. Try pairing them with contrasting jewelery pieces for a more youthful look.
Fore more fashion tips on freshening up your wardrobe, read more on RealSimple.com.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)