The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory to warn Friday morning commuters of the potential for freezing drizzle and rain.
The Advisory is in effect from 6 a.m. Friday to 2 p.m. Friday, with sleet and freezing rain expected to start after 9 a.m:
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 2 PM EST FRIDAY…
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET…WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 2 PM EST FRIDAY.
* PRECIPITATION TYPE…FREEZING RAIN…FREEZING DRIZZLE…AND SLEET.
* ACCUMULATIONS…LESS THAN A TENTH-INCH OF ICE.
* TIMING…FREEZING DRIZZLE WILL START DURING THE MORNING COMMUTE…WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN ARRIVING AFTER 9AM. PRECIPITATION WILL CHANGE OVER TO RAIN FROM EAST TO WEST DURING THE MIDDAY.
* TEMPERATURES…AROUND 30.
* WINDS…NORTHEAST 5 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.
* IMPACTS…FREEZING PRECIPITATION WILL AFFECT THE FRIDAY MORNING COMMUTE. ROADS WILL BECOME ICY AND SLICK…ESPECIALLY BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES.