Montgomery County Police today said they arrested a D.C. man and charged him with 10 second degree burglaries and other charges stemming from a string of office burglaries this year in downtown Bethesda and White Flint.
Andre Antonio Henry, 29, of the 400 block of 50th Street NE was arrested last week for a rash of burglaries police say he committed between January 28 and April 15. Police said they used surveillance video from several of the burglaries to determine they had all been committed by the same suspect. Witnesses provided a description of the suspect police said matched the man seen in the video.
Police believe Henry forced his way into the offices using a flathead screwdriver before stealing electronics and other property. Police said Henry stole a credit card during one burglary and used it to buy items.
The alleged one-man crime spree played a part in 46 reported commercial office burglaries though April in the 2nd District, compared to 18 during the same stretch of time in 2012, according to 2nd District Police statistics. That’s a 155 percent spike in that category.
Police arrested Henry on May 9 in Prince George’s County without incident. He is currently being held on a $50,000 bond. He’s been charged with second-degree burglary or attempted second-degree burglary at the following properties:
- National Brokerage Associates, 11140 Rockville Pike, Suite 300, Rockville
- WRIT, 6110 Executive Boulevard, Suite 800, Rockville
- Express Title Company, 6110 Executive Boulevard, Suite 300, Rockville
- Hariton Mancuso Jones PC Office, 11140 Rockville Pike, Suite 340, Rockville
- Market Research.com, 11200 Rockville Pike, Suite 504, Rockville
- Dragon Bridge, 11200 Rockville Pike, Suite 205, Rockville
- Snyder Cohn, 11200 Rockville Pike, Suite 415, Rockville
- Spree, 7735 Old Georgetown Road, Suite 510, Bethesda
- Design to Delivery, 7910 Woodmont Avenue, Suite 300 Bethesda
- Councilor Buchanan& Mitchell, PC, 7910 Woodmont Avenue, Suite 500, Bethesda
- Information Management Services, 6110 Executive Boulevard, Suite 310, Rockville
- Zeno, 710 Woodmont Avenue, Suite 450, Bethesda
Photo via Montgomery County Police