Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Restaurant Kitchen Smoke Causes Evacuation On Bethesda Row

By Aaron Kraut

Thursday - 4/25/2013, 9:41am  ET

Smoke from the Kraze Burger on Bethesda Row caused smoke alarms to go off this morning Smoke from the Kraze Burger on Bethesda Row caused smoke alarms to go off this morning

MCFRS responded to a fire alarm in the mid-rise building at the corner of Elm Street and Woodmont Avenue this morning for what they say is a fan issue in a ground floor restaurant.

People in the building were evacuated after the fire alarm went off at about 9:30 a.m.

Fire fighters who arrived on the scene said they found no fire and that the alarm was set off by smoke from the kitchen in Kraze Burgers (4733 Elm St.) on the ground floor of the building. This problem occurred before when employees fired up the grill in the morning, according to scanner traffic.

MCFRS checked all floors of the building and has called code enforcement to check the fans above the restaurant’s kitchen.