The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for Montgomery County until 8 p.m. tonight, with one to two inches of snow expected and less than an inch of accumulation forecasted for the Bethesda area.
Roads will be slippery from snow and sleet, which could cause traffic issues this afternoon and evening. Northern Montgomery County is expected to get most of the accumulation on the roads (one to two inches).
… WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EST THIS EVENING…
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND SLEET… WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EST THIS EVENING.
* PRECIPITATION TYPE… SNOW AND SLEET.
* PRECIPITATION TYPE AND TIMING… SNOW WILL BEGIN EARLY THIS AFTERNOON. SNOW WILL MIX WITH SLEET AND RAIN AT TIMES BEFORE TAPERING OFF THIS EVENING.
* ACCUMULATIONS… 1 TO 2 INCHES ACROSS NORTHERN MONTGOMERY… NORTHERN HOWARD AND NORTHERN BALTIMORE COUNTIES. LESS THAN AN INCH ELSEWHERE.
* TEMPERATURES… LOWER TO MIDDLE 30S.
* WINDS… SOUTHEAST 5 MPH OR LESS.
* IMPACTS… UNTREATED ROADS MAY BECOME SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY IN SPOTS… ESPECIALLY ACROSS THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF NORTHERN MONTGOMERY… NORTHERN HOWARD AND NORTHERN BALTIMORE COUNTIES.
THIS WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW AND SLEET WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES… AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.