KENSINGTON, Md. (AP) - The Montgomery County fire department says all of the toddlers stung by wasps at a Kensington school are doing well.
The children were stung Monday during a fire drill at Temple Emmanuel Early Childhood Center on Connecticut Avenue. Rescue workers initially said the insects were bees. But The Washington Post reports that the school said Tuesday that they were yellow jackets, not bees, after an inquiry by a member of the Montgomery County Beekeepers Association.
Officials say the children and staff members were taken to a hospital in an ambulance bus.
Information from: The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Scenes from last night's show and spectacle in Las Vegas.(Photos)
A Canadian singer struggles with the American anthem.
Conn. zoo officials don't know how this baby came to be born.
A funeral home offers a bicycle hearse and a casket that's a basket.