Comment
0
Tweet
2
Print
RSS Feeds

Business complex evacuated for underground fire

Saturday - 8/23/2014, 12:49am  ET

HANOVER, Md. (AP) -- Fire officials say about 100 people were evacuated from a business complex in Hanover when an underground utility fire broke out.

Lt. Russ Davies of the Anne Arundel Fire Department says firefighters were called to the Bristol Business Center about 9 a.m. Friday for reports of an electrical odor.

Davies tells the Capital of Annapolis (http://bit.ly/1zf7H48) that firefighters found an underground utility fire at the rear of the building, and several small fires inside. He said the fire filled part of the building with carbon monoxide.

More than 50 firefighters worked to put the blaze out. Workers were allowed back in the building shortly after noon to get their belongings.

Damage was estimated at $10,000.

___

Information from: The Capital of Annapolis, Md., http://capitalgazette.com


Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.