SALISBURY, Md. (AP) -- Officials say a fire that heavily damaged a two-story wood frame building in Salisbury was caused by a malfunctioning multi-plug adapter.
The fire was reported just before noon Thursday in the multi-occupancy structure. The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says it took some 40 firefighters an hour to bring the blaze under control.
No one was hurt in the blaze. Damage was estimated at $110,000.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.