Comment
0
Tweet
2
Print
RSS Feeds

Md. man still not competent for trial in slayings

Tuesday - 8/12/2014, 10:50am  ET

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) -- A judge says a western Maryland man is still not competent to stand trial in the slaying of his grandparents earlier this year.

The Herald-Mail (http://bit.ly/1vCcIas ) of Hagerstown reports that Washington County Circuit Judge Kenneth Long ruled Monday in the case of 20-year-old Joseph Minoglio (min-OH'-lee-oh). He is charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the March 15 stabbing deaths of 84-year-old Joseph Minoglio and his 78-year-old wife, Peggy, at their home in Keedysville.

The court initially found Minoglio incompetent in May after a psychiatric evaluation at the state-run Clifton T. Perkins Hospital in Jessup.

Long ordered another status conference in January.

Minoglio's mother told investigators in March that her son had been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and had been behaving strangely after his medication was changed.

___

Information from: The Herald-Mail of Hagerstown, Md., http://www.herald-mail.com


Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.