DUNDALK, Md. -- Baltimore County officials say 10 people were sickened by carbon monoxide in two separate incidents at homes in Dundalk.
Fire department units were called early Thursday to a home on Manor Road for an unconscious seizure patient and found several other residents with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. Officials say six people were taken to University of Maryland Hospital Center, but their conditions are unknown.
Fire department officials say carbon monoxide levels inside the home were about 600 parts per million. Safe levels are below 30 ppm.
An hour later, emergency personnel were called to a home on St. Monica Drive, where carbon monoxide levels were about 120 ppm. Officials say four people were taken to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, but their injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.