Comment
0
Tweet
1
Print
RSS Feeds

Guests relocated after fire at western Md. hotel

Saturday - 11/23/2013, 11:30am  ET

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) -- Dozens of guests at a western Maryland hotel had to be relocated after a fire broke out inside the building.

The blaze started Friday evening at a Holiday Inn Express on Railway Lane in Hagerstown.

The Hagerstown Herald-Mail (http://bit.ly/1i3Vmg1 ) says the fire originated in the first-floor hallway ceiling in a heating and air-conditioning unit. No one was injured.

Halfway Fire Co. Assistant Chief Wesley Loveless says officials determined that power could not be restored to the hotel on Friday night. The guests, some in town to run an ultramarathon on Saturday, were relocated to the nearby Ramada Plaza but were allowed to go back to their rooms to get their belongings.

He says there were about 120 guests in the hotel.

___

Information from: The Herald-Mail of Hagerstown, Md., http://www.herald-mail.com


Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.