WASHINGTON - Monday is National Dessert Day -- so it's OK to go ahead and eat a cookie (or two), in case you needed an excuse.
Whether your sweet tooth craves ice cream, cake or pie, there are plenty of options for delectable desserts in the D.C. area.
Below is a list of the best places to get dessert in the area, based on the highest ratings from Yelp users.
- Best Buns Bread Company, 4010 Campbell Ave. Arlington, Va.
- Bakeshop, 102 N. Filmore St. Arlington, Va.
- Captain Cookie and the Milk Man is a food truck in Washington, D.C. For its locations, visit its website.
- Killer ESP, 1012 King St. Alexandria, Va.
- SiTea: Enchanting Teas & Treats, 6902 4th St. NW, Washington, D.C.
- Danielle's Desserts, 1770 U International Dr., McLean, Va.
- Carmen's Italian Ice & Cafe, 1115 Nelson St., Rockville, Md.
- Sweet Diablo, 1200 19th St. NW, Washington, D.C.
- Grassroot Gourmet, 104 Rhode Island Ave. NW, Washington, D.C.
- Sinplicity Ice Cream, 6402
Arlington Blvd., Falls Church, Va.
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.