Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Fumes at Elkton, Md. school sends 5 to hospital

Friday - 5/24/2013, 6:00pm  ET

ELKTON, Md. (AP) -- Fumes from a cleaning solution used at a school in Elkton sent five people to the hospital.

Cecil County Public Schools spokeswoman Kelly Keeton tells WDEL Radio (http://bit.ly/Z5KIdE ) that several staff members had trouble breathing Friday at Gilpin Manor Elementary School. The five staff members were taken to Union Hospital as a precaution.

Hazardous materials crews were called to the school and ventilated the area.

No children were involved in the incident. Officials say the school day went on as usual, but an emergency message was sent to parents to make them aware of the incident.

___

Information from: WDEL-AM, http://www.wdel.com/


Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.