Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Fatal Frostburg fire caused by electrical problem

Wednesday - 5/1/2013, 1:10pm  ET

FROSTBURG, Md. (AP) -- The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says a fatal fire in a Frostburg mobile home last month was caused by faulty electrical components in an entertainment center.

The Cumberland Times-News (http://bit.ly/ZzLsbj ) reported Tuesday on the investigation into the fire on Green Street on April 23.

Sixty-five-year-old Patsy Porter died three days later at Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center in Baltimore

Two other family members were treated for smoke inhalation injuries.

Fire loss damage to the structure and contents was estimated at $25,000.

___

Information from: Cumberland (Md.) Times-News, http://www.times-news.com/timesnew.html


Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.