ABERDEEN, Md. - Officials say a fire caused by an unattended candle caused $100,000 in damage to a home in Aberdeen.
The Baltimore Sun ( http://bsun.md/UfuAC7) reports fire officials were called to the home on Defense Drive around 11 p.m. Saturday. Officials say a 4- year-old who lived in the home discovered the fire in his bedroom and told his grandmother, the home's owner.
The grandmother, her brother and the 4-year-old were all able to escape from the house. It took about 40 firefighters 20 minutes to get the fire under control. No injuries were reported.
Damage to the structure was estimated at $100,000, and damage to the home's contents was estimated at $25,000.
Information from: The Baltimore Sun, http://www.baltimoresun.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber are the key nominees.
'Star Trek' falls short of studio hopes; 'Iron Man 3' tops $1B worldwide.
Weinstein showcases Kelly and Mandela films at Cannes.
How much did a painting of a topless "Golden Girl" fetch?