CROFTON, Md. - An 83-year-old Crofton man was flown to the hospital after a leaf blower he was using caught fire.
The Capital of Annapolis ( http://bit.ly/SqaS7n) reports fire officials were called Monday to the 2100 block of Davidsonville Road and found the man suffering from second and third degree burns covering half of his body.
A fire department spokesman says the man's injuries were serious but not life- threatening.
The spokesman said the man's clothing caught fire from the leaf blower. A person driving by saw what was happening and stopped his car to help.
Information from: The Capital of Annapolis, Md., http://capitalgazette.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
This cutie needs a new home. She's WTOP's Pet of the Week.
A new reality show brings cameras into the workplace.
Clothes have a starring role at the Cannes Film Festival. (Photos)
WTOP takes an all-electric motorcycle for a test drive. (Video)