Not only can those feelings carry over into Monday, they can hurt your productivity, creativeness and overall happiness and health, career counselors tell Forbes. People are more likely to have a heart attack on a Monday than on any other day of the week, according to WebMD.
Therapists have some suggestions to make Sundays a little bit better:
- Breathing can have a calming effect, so take a number of deep breaths.
- Take a brisk walk or get some exercise on Sundays.
- Talk yourself into more positive thoughts by repeating them.
If you get overwhelmed on Mondays with all you have to do, or you start watching the clock and counting down the hours the second you walk into work Monday morning, therapists have these suggestions:
- Break down tasks into smaller increments to give yourself a greater feeling of
- Do the most important (and least fun) things first when your brain is fresh.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help from a professional.
The Chief Happiness Officer Blog also gives more tips on how to make Mondays fly by productively and happily.
© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.