WASHINGTON -- The U.S. Men's team plays Belgium in the World Cup this Tuesday (as if you didn't know).
Don't fret if you're looking for a place to watch the game. We've got you covered.
Check out this list of free watch parties going on around our region.
- Freedom Plaza: The match will be shown
on a 17' X 27' screen. The party starts at 3 p.m. You can bring a blanket or lawn
chair to sit on, and DC Water will have water stations on site.
- Mosaic District:
Head to Strawberry Park to watch the match on their big screen.
- Fairgrounds: The outdoor event venue across from Nationals Park is
showing the match on a 165 square-foot projection screen. The fun starts at 3 p.m.
and admission is free.
- Arlington Cinema and Drafthouse: Doors open at 3 p.m. for their free
screening of the match.
- National Portrait
Gallery: The Embassy of Belgium is among the hosts of a free watch party in
the Kogod Courtyard. Fans are encouraged to dress to support their team.
Harbor: Catch all the action on an 18' X 32' LED screen near the waterfront.
- Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center: Watch the match
big screen. Their advice is to bring a blanket or chair and your USA pride.
- Sixth &
I: A free watch party starts at 4 p.m., and the first 50 people in the door
get a free drink. You're asked to RSVP in advance.
- One Loudoun: Catch the match
on two screens in their outdoor plaza.
- Baltimore's Inner Harbor: A free viewing party starts at 3 p.m. in West Shore Park. The action will be shown on a 10' X 20' LED wall.
Some businesses are handing out freebies tied to the World Cup:
- Wear a
World Cup team jersey to Chick-fil-A at Dulles Town Crossing between 10:30
a.m. and 10 p.m. Tuesday, July 1 and you'll get a free small milkshake of your
- Pinstripes in Georgetown
is giving away free cups of gelato to all of their patrons every time team USA
scores during the World Cup.
- Wear a
soccer jersey to any Shake Shack during any World Cup game, and they'll give
you a free cup of fresh spun custard.
- Capitol Lounge on Capitol Hill is
serving up free shots of Jack Daniels after every U.S. goal.
- Each time the U.S. wins a World Cup match, Astro Doughnuts will hand out one of
their "USA Doughnuts" to the first 32 people to show up at the store after the
win. Why 32? That's the number of countries taking part in the 2014 World Cup.
- Buy a beer, and you'll get a free hot dog at Ivy and Coney, noon - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday now through the end of the World Cup. Limit 2 per customer.
© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.