WASHINGTON -- Lane and street closures are imminent through the weekend as the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) works on the 11th Street Bridge Project, and the Metropolitan Police Department sets up for the Capital Pride Festival.
Thursday night lane closure
DDOT will reduce northbound Interstate 395 to one lane near Maine Avenue SW starting at 9:00 p.m.
The lane closure will last until 5:00 a.m. Friday morning.
- Buckeye Drive SW will be routed to Ohio Drive SW, then to Main Avenue SW
- Vehicles approaching the 12th Street Expressway will follow the detour onto northbound I-395, to Maine Avenue SW, then to 7th Street SW and Frontage Road SW to access the 12th Street Expressway
The closures are due to crews needing to install overhead panels on I-395.
Find more information on the bridge project here.
Capital Pride Parade & Festival Saturday and Sunday in D.C.
On Saturday, the following streets will be closed in D.C. starting at 1:00 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.:
- 25th St NW between M & N
- 24th St NW between M & N
- 23rd St NW between M & P
- N St NW between 22nd & 25th (closure starting at 4:30 p.m.)
- M St NW between 22nd & 25th (closure starting at 4:30 p.m.)
View the parade route below.
On Sunday, the Capital Pride Festival will take place in northwest D.C. The following areas will be closed from 7:30 p.m. Saturday until 2:00 a.m. Monday.
- Pennsylvania Ave NW between 3rd & 7th Street NW
- Constitution Ave NW between 3rd & 7th Street NW
- 4th Street NW between Madison Drive NW & Pennsylvania Ave NW
- 6th Street NW between C Street NW & Constitution Ave NW
The Metropolitan Police Department says all street closures are subject to change due to unexpected conditions.
Find more information about the parade and festival here.
© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.