Comment
21
Tweet
4
Print
RSS Feeds

Man catches fire lighting cigarette

Tuesday - 5/20/2014, 12:34pm  ET

WASHINGTON -- A man caught fire Tuesday morning near a liquor store in Northeast.

It happened around 10:20 a.m. in a parking lot off Benning Road.

Witnesses say at the time the man was trying to light a cigarette.

He had to be flown to the hospital.

The extent of his burns aren't known, but authorities say he was conscious and breathing when the medical helicopter picked him up.

Follow @WTOP on Twitter and on WTOP Facebook page.

© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.