WASHINGTON -- Don't let the cold weather keep you inside this weekend. Check out some live music, aerial acrobats and a monster truck show.
- Intersections Festival DC - Atlas Performing Arts - weekend long great
performances of dance, music and acrobatics for tickets and schedule visit their
- Monster Jam
Weekend at the Baltimore Arena
- Maryland Home & Garden
Show at the State Fairgrounds - Free ideas, exhibits and a petting zoo!
Admission $12 for adult and $10 for seniors. Kids up to 12 years old get in for
$3, and kids under 6 get in for free.
- Greenbergs Train & Toy Show - Show Palace Arena, Upper Marlboro - largest traveling model train and toy show in the Northeast. The show features huge displays and hands-on demos. For tickets, click here.
Saturday, March 1
- 28th annual Alexandria St. Patrick's Day Parade - family festivities, dog
show, car show, bagpipes and the annual parade! For a map and schedule go here.
- Family Saturday - Intersections Festival
DC at Atlas Performing Arts Center presents aerialists Airborne! DC & Zip Zap Circus - music, dance and more!
Events for children to late-night parties and jazz jam and more.
- The Big Easy's Mardi Gras Family Festival - American Art Museum a New
Orleans's party costumes, crafts and music. For more info click here.
- Ellicott City, German Wine Festival Turf Valley Resort - Sponsored by Petite
Cellars - tasting, pairings, wine making techniques - Admission $15 in advance and
$20 at the door. More info here.
- Ashland Coffee and Tea hosts Pat
McGee and Friends
- Hamilton Live, D.C. - Bob Marley Tribute with Junior Marvin of the Wailers.
More info here.
- Sixth and i - presents Grammy Award winner Kathy Mattea at 8 p. Online
ticketing is available here.
- Bethesda Blues & Jazz presents the real Louisiana Zydeco of MOJO & the Bayou
Gypsies at 8 p.m. Get tickets online through InstantSeats.
- The Verizon Center host rock legends the Eagles. There are still a few seats available through Ticketmaster.
Sunday, March 2
- National Portrait Gallery - Artful adventures with the family. A tour
with games and hands-on activities. Ticket information here.
- Oscar-nominated short films are at the Landmark E Street Theatre in Northwest D.C.
- Arlington Cinema & Draft - Oscar Night - Broadcast on the Big
Screen - predict the winners, trivia and silent auction. Get tickets early here.
- Rock of Ages at the Warner
Theatre - the Broadway hit features '80s classic
rock, with two shows only! Tickets available through Live Nation.
- Gypsy Sally's in Northwest D.C. hosts a live bluegrass matinee featuring King
Street Bluegrass - online ticketing available until 5 p.m.
the day of the show.
- Patriot Center presents Disney pop princess Demi Lovato. At last check, there
are still a few seats available through Ticketmaster.
Silver Spring - reggae/pop of Shaggy with RNSY
- Strathmore Music Center presents Grammy Award-winning crooner Michael Bolton
at 7 p.m. Tickets range from $39 to $81 with discounts available.
- Rams Head Annapolis - unique pop/jazz twinged music of Rachelle Ferrell with 2
shows - Admission $49.50. Buy tickets online here.
- State Theatre - pop/rock/blues of the Cowboy Junkies - early ticket discounts available - show is 18 and over
© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.