Comment
0
Tweet
1
Print
RSS Feeds

Overloaded extension cord blamed in fatal Md. fire

Monday - 2/10/2014, 10:30am  ET

SALISBURY, Md. (AP) -- Fire investigators are blaming an overloaded extension cord for a fire at a Salisbury duplex that killed two people.

The Daily Times reports (http://delmarvane.ws/1fT8xuy ) Monday that the Office of the State Fire Marshal office says the fire began in the master bedroom of the duplex on Patrick Avenue on Friday. Investigators say the extension cord caught fire and ignited nearby combustibles and a smoke detector in the home was not working.

Officials say William and Mary Holdbrook both died after the fire. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner determined that William Holbrook's cause of death was smoke inhalation.

___

Information from: The Daily Times of Salisbury, Md., http://www.delmarvanow.com/


Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.