RSS Feeds

Girl gets entangled in window cords, dies in Md.

Saturday - 2/8/2014, 5:43pm  ET

SUITLAND, Md. (AP) -- Prince George's County fire officials say a 6-year-old girl has died after becoming entangled in window cords.

Officials say the child was found unconscious in a Suitland home on Saturday after getting caught up in cords attached to window coverings.

A family member tried reviving the child as did emergency workers. She was pronounced dead at a hospital.

The child's name was not immediately released.

Officials say children ages 5 and under are especially vulnerable to strangulation by window covering strings and cords.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.